WHAT IS A ROOT CANAL ?
Root canal treatment is designed to eliminate bacteria from the infected root
canal, prevent reinfection of the tooth and save the natural tooth. When one
undergoes a root canal, the inflamed or infected pulp is removed and the inside of the
tooth is carefully cleaned and disinfected, then filled and sealed.
POST OP INSTRUCTIONS
1. While you are anaesthetized, and may not have feeling in the area, please avoid
eating or drinking anything hot as you may not feel the heat and may burn yourself.
2. You may have had a temporary restoration placed in your tooth:
3. Once root canal therapy has been completed, . A crown will be recommended.
Please avoid pressure or chewing on the tooth (teeth) that has been treated until you
get your permanent restoration.
4. You may experience some discomfort on the tooth that has been treated. This may
last anywhere between 7-10 days. Swelling in the affected area may also occur. These
are not unusual post-operative events.
5. If you have any concerns do not hesitate to give our office a call.